Good morning, Greenville.Following the tragic news of aUofSC studentin the Five Points neighborhood of Columbia last week, we wanted to share someimportant safety tips for ride-sharing services–likeUber+Lyft.
Uber offersten safety tipsfor riders on their website.A few we thought best to highlight:
1. Request your ride inside.It’s easy to get distracted on our phones while we wait for our drivers. For added safety,wait insideuntil the app notifies you that your driver has arrived.
2. Share your trip details with someone you know.Whether it’s a friend, parent, or roommate, this should be amust if you’re traveling alone.
3. Protect your personal information.Never share your contact informationwith your Uber driver. If you need to contact them, Uber actually gives both you and the driver an anonymous number through the app.
4. Follow your intuition.Alwaysuse your gutwhen using a ride-share app. If you feel uncomfortable, or if you think you’re in an emergency situation, call 911 right away.
DYK:You canchoose a colorfor your Uber +Lyftto glow up as(also known as abeacon color),which then helps you identify your driver as they pull up. While this is not currently available in all markets, following recent events, Rep. Seth Rose,D-Columbia, is proposing a bill tomake the illuminated logo mandatory.
Another tipwe can offer is toalways ask the driver who they are picking up prior to getting in the car.Instead of saying something like, “Are you here for Nicole?” try saying, “Who are you picking up?” And of course,always double checkthemake,model, andlicense plate numberbefore approaching the vehicle.
Author:Dawn Borkowski Phone: 864-313-4608 Dated: April 3rd 2019 Views: 89 About Dawn: ...
With approximately 50 years combined experience, Guest Group brings a wealth of varied experience in both Residential and Commercial Real Estate.
We are loyal, ethical and very dedicated to our clients. We give exceptional service and continue to have our clients for life. We compliment each other and understand the Real Estate Industry and the Local Market.
We have strong negotiating skills and transaction servicing that will ensure you of a successful real estate experience.
1) Examine roof shingles to see if any were lost or damaged durin
"Kim Guest was our agent with The Lawton Team and was THE BEST!! She took the time to really explain things to where we understood them since we were first time homebuyers we had a ton of questions. We never had to wait more than a couple hours to get a response to our questions."