New Year’s resolutions are the perfect opportunity for all those who have failed to start making the changes that they said they would make next week, next month, or perhaps when winter starts.
Well, now’s your chance to sit down and prepare a list of important lifestyle changes you want to make, and being the charitable and caring bunch that we are here at Lifehack, we’ve decided to give you a bit of help – because since the majority of people fail to stick to their resolution, you’ll need all the help you can get.
What follows is a list of 50 common New Year’s resolutions with a piece of advice and plenty of links to useful articles that deal with the issue in greater detail. If you are looking for effective ways of changing your life for the better, then you’ll be sure to find tons of useful information here.
1. Get in shape:Losing weight is the top resolution for Americans, and combined with “exercise more” and “stay fit and healthy” it is something thatover a third of the populationwishes to achieve. It’s easy enough to start an exercise and diet program, but the trick is to find a decent one that will give you steady results and will be easy to stick to in the long run. Have a look at thesetricks,hacks,exercisesandmistakes to avoidto make the best our of your resolution.
2. Start eating healthier food, and less food overall: This is usually an extension of the previous resolution. Switching to a healthier diet can be incredibly tricky when we are surrounded by cheap junk food. However, with a good amount of determination and some basic tips you can slowly develop healthier eating habits. Learn to controlemotional eating, be aware of reasons for diets to fail, make use of thesetricksand have a look at these awesome and healthyrecipes.
3. Stop procrastinating:The biggest barrier that keeps most people from reaching their goals is the desire to relax and do something fun instead of working hard. Once you get used to procrastinating it’s difficult to snap yourself out of it, so you’ll need to put in a lot of work to change this bad habit. There are many usefultipsout there to find yourwayto stop procrastinating. There are alsotoolswhich can help you achieve this task.
5. Meet new people: When we get stuck in a rut, we usually end up staying at home most of the time, missing out on a lot of interesting opportunities for networking and having fun. Meeting new people can be beneficial to your mental well-being andhelp your career, so don’t be afraid to get out there and make some friends. Overcome yourshyness, get someknowledgeand go andget to knownew and interesting people.
6. Become more active:Some people don’t really have a big weight problem, and they even get some exercise a few times a week, but they just sit around the most of the time at home and at work, which can have a negative effect on their posture and health. In that case, all you need is to findwaysofmovingaround more throughout the day instead of staying hunched over the computer. It’s even more fun if you share your activity with friends andfamily.
7. Become more confident and take some chances: If you are confident other people notice it, and it is much easier to have your opinions heard, ask people out on dates andget ahead at work. A good dose of self-confidence will help you lead a much happier life overall. Don’t hesitate to get someinputon ways toboost your confidence.
8. Earn more money: Even billionaires are always looking for ways to earn more money, and we common folk can definitely use an additional source of income to make life a bit more comfortable. Fortunately there are plenty ofoptionsavailable, like havingsidejobs, working as afreelanceror using theinternetto your advantage.
10. Reduce stress:They say that stress is one of the biggest killers out there, and it can have a very destructive effect on your relationships as well as your health. It may be an unavoidable side effect of our hectic modern lifestyles, but it can be effectively managed with the help of useful,unconventionalandeasy to practicetricks forstress management.
11. Learn to be happier with your life:Even those that are in decent shape, make a good living and have stress under control can still beunhappy. Ittakes timeand patience to learn how to find joy in the little things andnot to let problems bring you down.
12. Get more quality sleep:With big TV’s, computers, smartphones, tablets and all sorts of gadgets with glowing lights and beeping alerts, it can be hard to get enough sleep at night. You should be gunning for at least 8 hours of sleep a night, and there arefairly simple waysto achieve this number if you make use ofscienceandeverday hacks.
13. Give up cigarettes:A bit of bad habit that a lot of people don’t know how to kick, smoking will not only endanger your health, but can burn a hole in your wallet as well. Just be prepared todedicatea lot of will power togiving up cigarettesonce and for all.
15. Read more: Books are an excellent way to gain a lot of knowledge on a huge variety of topics, and are also a great exercise for your brain. It’s not that difficult to go through20 or more booksin a year – you only need to make it a habit, discoveryour type of booksand find a bit oftime for readinghere and there.
16. Find a significant other: We all need someone to hold at night, talk to and share our deepest secrets with, but finding the right person is a matter of trial and error. We need to go out and get to know a bunch of potential partners before we can find the one that we can get along with really well. Get inspired on your way towards love by these tips on the best places tomeet people,asking someone out, and having anamazingand originalfirst date.
18. Become tidier: There are a lot of slobs out there who can’t really get their stuff organized, and a cluttered desk or chaotic home will negatively affect your productivity and even your mood, so it helps toclear the clutter,clean your houseand lead a tidier andmore organized life.
19. Learn how to dress with style: The way you dress can say a lot about you, and wearing the right clothes can make you seem powerful andconfident, which in turn canhelp you land a job, get promoted, and catch the eye of a lovely guy or girl. No matter if you’remaleor female, know thedresscodeand live with style.
20. Spend more time with the people that matter: There is just too little time in this life for us to waste it on insincere, duplicitous and toxic people. We should focus on the peoplewho we care aboutdeeply andwho care about us, as this is the best way tostay happy.
21. Start drinking in moderation or quit drinking altogether: While it is completely safe and healthy todrink one or two servingsof an alcoholic beverage of your choice per day, not a lot of people can say that they can follow this rule effectively. Getting yourdrinkingunder controlhas plenty of benefits, but it can be a difficult process.
22. Get out of debt: You can’t really move forward in life if you are weighed down by debt. The road to financial freedom is a rocky one, but it is definitely manageable with a bit ofplanning and self-restraint. Take a look at thesestrategiesandmethodsandpay off your debt. You won’t believe how good it will feel.
23. Start saving money: Once you have your debt under control, it’s time to start putting some money aside. A rainy day fund and some extra money that can go towards traveling abroad, fixing up the house or buying a new car are a welcome change of pace. Make use of thesehacksandappsto save moneyefficiently.
24. Learn a new language:Not only will learning a new language help improve your communication skills, it will also look great on your resume and possibly open up some doors for you. These days there are plenty ofresourcesthat allow you tolearn a languagefor free andin your spare time.
26. Pick up useful skills or fun hobbies: Just sitting around all day won’t get you anywhere. It is much better to use your free time in a constructive manner and pick up new skills while having fun at the same time.The Future-Youwill be glad that you did. No matter if you’re interested incommunication skillsorsports, find out how to learn newskillsandhobbiesin a short time.
27. Learn to let go of grudges and avoid moping: Times can be hard, and it may take a lot toovercome adversity, but sitting around and moping about it is just counterproductive. If you have a big fight with someone and fall out or get hurt over a small issue, you will only lose a friend or life partner and remain sad and bitter.Forgivenessisa much healthier way to deal with issuesthat should be leftin the past.
28. Adopt a cute pet: There are tons of animal lovers out there that would be great at caring for a pet, but they often overthink things, while some people just rush out and get a pet without understanding theresponsibilityinvolved. Be sure you know what you are in for andfind a pet that fitsyour livingconditionsandlifestyle.
29. Become more organized: It doesn’t matter how much time you have on your hands if you can’t manage it properly – you’ll just spend most of the day running around aimlessly. When you get organized there will suddenly be more time to spare and things will start falling into place. Make it ahabit, get help fromapps and toolsand enjoy yournewly found leisure-time.
30. Travel more and see the world: You’ll need to have yourfinancesin order, get theright equipmentand invest sometimeandeffortbefore you consider traveling across the globe, but there are ways of experiencing different cultures and visiting faraway places even on a tighter budget.
31. Learn to cook: Cooking is one of the essential skill that every man and woman should possess. It allows you to save money, eat the food you love just the way you like it and impress dates with lovely meals shared under candlelight. If you go throughuseful tips,keep your kitchen cleanandavoid common mistakes, nothing stands between you anyour 3-course-meal.
34. Stop being late all the time: Punctuality is a virtue that is held in high regard in our society. Being on time is a mark of a true professional, a dependable friend and caring partner, so it is a good idea to pick up a fewtricksthat can help youstay on time.
35. Learn how to be more self-reliant: Technology, a relatively decent government and corporations offering cheap ready-to-eat food and all manner of useful tools – these things have made us somewhat spoiled, and we often get well into adulthood without having what it takes to beindependentandself-reliant. These skills areimportant to learn.
With approximately 50 years combined experience, Guest Group brings a wealth of varied experience in both Residential and Commercial Real Estate.
We are loyal, ethical and very dedicated to our clients. We give exceptional service and continue to have our clients for life. We compliment each other and understand the Real Estate Industry and the Local Market.
We have strong negotiating skills and transaction servicing that will ensure you of a successful real estate experience.
"Kim helped us find our perfect home, she listened to our needs and wants, then delivered. We love our home and are grateful for Kim's experience and professionalism, she made the whole process a breeze. If you're searching for your perfect home, you need Kim Guest as your Realtor."